Monday, November 4, 2013

Celebrity Post: Avril Lavigne Uses Spotify to Promote New Album

Over the past 10 years, social media networks have increasingly been becoming the most popular platforms for people to share and talk about their favorite music and artists. The number of musicians using social media to promote their music gets higher every day because it makes it so easy for them to connect with their fans. Social Media Marketing helps the music industry by:

  • targeted marketing
  • marketing campaign optimization
  • discovery of emerging artists
  • identifying and targeting fans


So how do we know when Social Media Marketing is working? I'd say when relevant information is spoken to us directly through our headphones, it's doing something right. While at work today, I was listening to Spotify as always. During one of the advertisements, I hear Avril Lavigne (who happens to be one of my favorite childhood artists) talking to me about her new album, which is to be released tomorrow, November 5th. I hear her telling me that she has put together a special playlist which includes exclusive content. This immediately makes me want to know what this awesome exclusive content is! I imagine it made other Avril fans feel the same. While I couldn't do much research on it at work, I looked up more about it when I got home. I believe this was an effective way to market her new album. Not only does she get listeners excited about her new album, but she invites you to connect with her and listen to some of her favorite songs in the meantime. As it turns out, the exclusive content consists of handwritten lyrics to one of her brand new songs, and a special cover of husband Chad Kroeger's song "How You Remind Me". I was definitely pleased that I heard this ad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment